Wednesday, March 16, 2005

new beginnings...old photos

recently, i have begun to scan my own negatives.
prior to this, my scans were made by a local lab and while i am pleased overall with their work, it is not my work.

and so, i have looked about and found some very old negatives to practice on.
these shots were taken a very long time ago when i was young. not younger, young.

my friend kathleen is the model. she is still young.

_________________________________________________________________________________

kathleen

kathleen.1jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________

scan.2

an early attempt at street shooting.

robert capa once said, "if your pictures aren't good enough you're not close enough"

i think he was right.

____________________________________________________________________________________

not by me but of me

me

shooter unknown

____________________________________________________________________________________

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great to have a film scanner? ;)Love the first two shots, and the CLE... what a great little camera. Makes you think about the 'new' M7, Hexar RF, Zeiss Ikon in a different way...

Anonymous said...

the shooter looks alot like john peel....RIP <3