Friday, January 28, 2005

coffee & cameras

i belong to a little internet community that celebrates the use of rangefinder cameras.
we also seem to celebrate the collection, admiration and general lust for said cameras.
while there are brand spankin’ new cameras out there (and we do love them), many of us also use older cameras. the kind that are heavy, chrome over brass made when we were kids kind of cameras.

one fellow at our forum started a thread that posted his camera with a cup of coffee. it’s a fine looking camera and a tasty cup of coffee.
last time i looked there was over a thousand posts to that thread. a few of them belong to me.

today, i took my canon ‘p’ camera (circa ‘59'-62') out for a coffee.
we shared a bagel and i took this shot with my digital.
some might worry that i have a camera to take photos of my cameras but it seems quite normal to me.

for those that may be interested, that’s a 35/2.8 canon lens mated to the camera.
it also is chrome on brass, weighs a tiny ton, weighs more than the digital camera.
coffee & camera
c&c.2
plate
and then we were gone...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Joey,

I don't really want to post anonymously, but it seems I need a Blog of my own before I can really join this elite group.

I'm sure you'd be more exited to receive positive feedback from some stranger in Australia or Nigeria.. it's just me though.. and you've heard me say this before. I love your work and have enjoyed the photos on your Blog Site. I also enjoy reading your comments and poetry.

The pics are great - how you catch a moment - especially the black and white shots. I always liked the pic you took of me sitting on a bench near Whyte Ave... I'll have to re-visit the blog to see if that one made the cut! I may be fat in that picture you took, but you did capture a cool moment.

Love ya man.. keep up the great work.

Mark