Sunday, January 23, 2005

the dark side?

what is the dark side?

when my initial interest in photography blossomed that would have meant thinking about buying a canon and not the nikon.

for others, this was likely preceded by the choice between a rangefinder or a single lens reflex camera.

and is now followed by choosing between a digital camera or film camera.

i have long scorned the rise of digital photography.
fear and ignorance being the key - added to a tendency to really dislike change.

and so after too many years i have gone over to the dark side and bought my ‘first good’ digital camera.

i still have my first good film camera, an olympus 35rc, and will keep it for as long as i can hold it steady.
film will always be my first choice but digital might be fun and it’s great to have so i can take instant snaps of my film cameras.

here are some samples from my first digital attempts, please bear with me and my new learning curve.

digital self
this is me!

sugar
and this is my dog, 'sugar'!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Joe! Send my greetings to the sweet Sugar, and no matter how nice a camera/lens you find, don't sell her ! ;)
Oscar

Anonymous said...

We miss you, Sugar Dog. Summer is so different without you!!!